Monday, April 18, 2011

Puff Baby Quilt

A long while back, when thinking about the baby's bedding and decor, I saw this amazing quilt. I loved it, and I knew that it would be great for either baby, boy or girl. I would of had one made by her, because it looked so perfect, but it was out of my price range.
Thankfully at the time she had a tutorial up on how to make one of her quilts so I saved it, and used that. Since then she has made a pattern available for sale, which I would have purchased but I had already done so much without it. I hope that one day I can purchase something from her as a  sort of thank you.
Everything was almost the same as her quilt, I think mine is a slightly different size, and I also used my striped IKEA fabric for the binding. The quilt is the same with the bumpers. Brady never slept with his baby quilt, and only recently has he started to. I am not worried about the buttons for safety of the baby because it will not be alone with the quilt at an age where it sticks things in it's mouth. Oh and also those buttons are sewn on there so well, I doubt I could pull them off. 
Sadly, like most projects this one was not without headache. I broke 3 needles, which is a new record for me. It is very comfy and puffy but also bulky, and a lot of layers to sew through. In  the end I am very happy with it, and I think it looks great in the room! 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Can't wait to see everything in person. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...