Monday, November 29, 2010

Button Earrings

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I hope it was wonderful, and very blessed! We had two Thanksgiving FEASTS, and we are still full! I was very thankful for maternity jeans that day!

There are only 26 more days until Christmas! Crazy, I know! My favorite gifts to give and receive are thoughtful gifts. What could be more thoughtful than a homemade gift? Today I want to share with you an easy homemade gift that any girl could love!
The day I did this, and took pictures it was so overcast. I am impatient, so forgive the pictures and look past the lighting.

You will need some earring back posts, glue of some sort (I used super glue), and cute button that would make great looking studs. 
 After you have all your supplies, you can cut off the back of the button with scissors. They sell a special tool for this, but if you are using a plastic button, and have a junky pair of scissors, then this works just fine. 
Once the back is cut off, you can glue the stud pieces on the back. I used super glue because that is what I had, but there has to be something better out there. If you know what that is, please let me know!
So you let the glue dry for quite some time, and then you are done! I bet there are some awesome old buttons out there at a goodwill, begging for you to make beautiful earrings out of!   
Don't want to make some earrings? Check out these adorable ones you can buy on Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. hey that's great! i have some cheap flower studs I bought and love. I'll have to check out the button section next time so i can make my own. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...