Friday, July 23, 2010

Excuses, Excuses and Another Scarf

That is what I am full of. I will spare you the excuses, some are good, most are just laziness. I have been crafting, but I just can't make myself blog about it. I am working on some things that I am really excited about it. I hope to share them with you in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, I will share with you some other stuff I have been working on. I made another ruffled scarf, this time it is not crocheted.

I used a fabric I really liked, but was too thin to really do much with. I cut two pieces, that were double the width and length of the size of the scarf I wanted.

Then I sewed around the border, with both wrong sides together. This is because I want the fabric to fray a little but not too much.

I sewed the length of the scarf with a gathering stitch, and ruffled the scarf. Then I sewed the ruffles in place by sewing right down the gathering stitch.

Now the scarf is done, I just wanted it to fray a little more. This could be done by hand, but since I had a fabric that I knew would fray easily, I just threw it in the wash with everything else.

It is ruffled and girly but the frayed edges still make it slightly casual.

Hopefully I will blog again, and not wait twenty days like last time. Sadly, Jeremy's Grandmother passed away today, so I may be a single parent next week, and probably will not get much crafting done. Who knows, maybe crafting will be therapeutic, and I will get a ton done, and have a lot done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...