Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baby Shower Week - Invites

I am excited to finally be able to share what I have been up to the past few weeks. Today I hosted, along with the Grandma to be, a baby shower for my friend Becky. It was great fun and went smoothly, which was a relief. Becky and I had our boys only a day apart, and now she is having her second little boy, due in April. I made quite a few things for her shower, So over the next week, I plan to share all the things that I made.

First off was the invitations. I hoped to kind of have a diaper themed shower, so I knew I wanted to do a diaper invite. I also wanted to focus more of my budget on other parts of the shower, so I had everything already to make the invites. :)

Look how cute these invites are, wish I would have seen these a month ago! Oh well!

I simply cut fabric to look like diapers, and sewed them up on the sides.

I printed on some card stock the invite, with time, place, ect. I put a ribbon on the top to make it easier to get out of the "diaper". I also added some diaper pin stickers, for a little more decorative touch.

Of course, Elmo had to have a diaper also. We got a book at the library about how Elmo uses the potty now, so maybe Elmo and Brady will be able to remove their diapers soon? Ha ha wishful thinking.

Check back tomorrow, and each day this week, for the rest of baby shower week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...