Monday, March 8, 2010

Baby Shower Week - Food

Continuing with baby shower week, today is all about the food we had.
I was in a rush, and I forgot to take a picture of the table with all of the food on it. Just imagine this picture, but add food.

The shower was at two in the afternoon, the menu was light. I have found that people will eat however much you feed them. If you do a light menu, they will eat a little. If you give them a full meal, they will eat a lot. No matter, what we always have left overs, we are notorious for having too much food.

We had chips and dip. Simple, I know but it always disappears, and it is super easy. I wanted to dye the dip blue, but Jerm said that would be gross.

We also did a fruit carriage with fruit dip. The carriage was easier to make than I thought, especially because Jerm cut it, I am bad with knives. The fruit was yummy, and it turned out really cute.

We also had M&Ms and nuts to snack on.

Some Punch and iced tea, (I love that pitcher).

Instead of a cake, I made cupcakes and placed them on wrapped boxes that looked like presents. I made way too many, normally they would disappear quickly, but tomorrow is my birthday and there is cake everywhere, so we are all on a sugar rush this week.

Overall the food amount was perfect for an afternoon shower. Tomorrow I will share about one of the games we played. Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...